– A wet, cold Western storm creeps into central U.S. next week.
– Weekend snowfall across the mountains of the Southwest will reach up to 2 feet as snow levels drop to between 2500 and 4500 feet by Sunday.
– Heavy 1-to-2-foot weekend snows will also target the north and central Rockies.
– Strong weekend winds will extend from the Southwest to the Plains.
– In the very warm air ahead of the storm, severe thunderstorms will develop from South Dakota to west Texas late Sunday and from western Missouri to Texas Monday.
– A heavy rain set up develops from Monday into midweek from the central and southern Plains to the Mississippi Valley. From parts north-central and northeast Texas to eastern Kansas and western Missouri, flooding could become a concern.